Should I apply for Social Security Disability?
(Yes, if your answers match those below.)
- Are you unable to work due to a medical condition? Yes
- Receiving treatment for a medical condition(s)? Yes
- Will your condition last at least 12 months? Yes
- Does your condition prevent you from working? Yes
When should I apply for disability benefits? As soon as you stop working due to a chronic (>1yr) disability.
How does someone apply for Social Security Disability benefits? Initial applications for SSI/SSDI benefits may be applied for by phone, in person or online application.
My claim and reconsideration were denied, now what? Over 75% of initial applications and reconsideration (the first 2 stages) are denied. However, with attorney representation there is a significant opportunity to receive an award of benefits by effectively presenting your case at the hearing stage before a Judge. Appeal a denial online here.
What do you charge for legal representation? Attorney fees are recovered only if benefits are awarded; by law they are set at: the lesser of 25% of past due benefits or $7,200 (SSA maximum after Nov. 30, 2022).
How can LawMed help me?
- Understand legal/medical issues of your case
- Identify deficiencies in your medical records
- Cross-Examine SSA experts at ALJ hearing
- Present legal theory of your case at hearing